Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Lacey Wolf and Welcome!

Ginger & Velvet post numero uno!  DIY years in the making: refurbished dress form.  I bought this ol' thang three years ago through a Philadelphia University auction...  very very inexpensive, but the poor (de)form was deformed.


A slice of the shoulder to pop her back into alignment, a bit of padding to make this young lady's lower half proportioned to her chest, un-lopsiding the aforementioned top half; and she's ready for a sleeker outfit...




A lover of all things lace and lace-like, I decided to add pieces of crochet, battenburg, etcetera to my Wolf- giving her some added beauty and textural interest.



Et Voila!




...though an artist's work is never complete.  I plan on collecting more lace to patchwork around, I want to find an antique drawer pull or tiny metal trinket to screw on to the top, perhaps a touch of thread wrapping on some of the bottom spokes- who knows?! the possibilities are endlesssssss
stay tuned :)

Grazie for checking out my first project!
Many more to come.

xo,
N

2 comments: